Saturday, September 27, 2008

Activity at Gunnison and Sheridan

I want to report that this evening as I returned home from work that there had been an increase in the number of youthes dressed alike either all dark clothes or dark pants and white t-shirts. As I left the platform of the Lawrence red line L stop 6:15pm 09/26/2008, I noticed this inreased presence in pockets which seemed to increase as I proceeded east toward home. When I approached the intersection of Lawrence and Sheridan, groups of youthes appeared to be carrying what looked to be pipes and wooden stickes running south on Sheridan towards Lawrence. At approximately 6:25pm, as I crossed Lawrence heading north a Chicago Police Paddy wagon entered the JJ Peppers parking lot and approached a parked vehicle within the lot. Immediately the youth presence disappeared from our neighborhood.

Thanks,
Frank

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are there any plans to reach out to and work positively with youth organizations in the area? At the town hall meeting, we heard from a couple of people specifically who welcomed greater participation from neighborhood citizens, but so far, I've seen no interest in anything except Shiller bashing and calling the police. I'm not opposed to calling the police when their presence is required, and if people feel passionately opposed to Shiller, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, but I am curious at this lack of interest in reaching out to organizations that may interact with some of these youth in a more positive way. Is this happening and it's just not being talked about on these Uptown blogs?